Saturday, December 17, 2011

Let Your Roots Grow

I grew up in a small town.  I mean small.  No stop lights and the main stop sign was a RIGHT TURN PERMITTED WITHOUT STOPPING.  Small town.  After moving to Seattle and going to the University of Washington I always thought a small town was something good to be from.  I thought I was a city kid for life.  Something has happened this past year.  I have become a small town kid again...and I love it!  Although, I don't know whether it's a small town thing or a city thing at all.  I think it's a mission thing.  But it wasn't instant or over night...it has grown over time.  This Christmas I began to realize something that has helped this love grow.  Heather researched all of the events going on this Christmas and we did one simple thing...we showed up.  Jesus has grown our hearts and it's changed my life in the process.  There are a few things that have helped me live a more missional life this year...

1) Volunteer in your city
2) Show up to the events in your city
3) Allow Jesus to grow your heart for your city

Let your roots grow and see what happens to your heart and to the mission this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment